top of page


Zinc is proud to be the new caretaker of the insurance needs of artists country-wide with a program designed to be reasonable and practical. Affordable, high-quality, hand-crafted insurance, is now easier than ever to acquire.


Current IFA customers are now able to re-enroll in 2023-2024 policies! New customers can purchase a 2023-2024 policy beginning on October 1st. Please note, if you have We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you!

Zinc is proud to be the caretaker of the insurance needs of artists country-wide. Our program is designed to be reasonable, practical, and available online 24/7/365. Affordable, high-quality, hand-crafted insurance is now easier than ever to acquire.

Please note - the "My Account" feature is only available once you set up your 2023-2024 enrollment. If you haven't started your 2023-2024 enrollment, begin by clicking the "Enroll Now" button below. The entire 2023-2024 enrollment process takes ~10 minutes and includes filling out a qualification form, setting up your new account, and purchasing your 2023-2024 policy.

Gold policy icon


For you, as individual artists and craft artists purchasing coverage, the policy extends liability insurance at your home or studio premises and at exhibition sites. Further, it provides full product liability coverage for items you have sold. The business property portion of the policy offers coverage usually excluded by your homeowner policy. It protects your own equipment, supplies, and finished work on an "all-risk" basis. This means that unless the circumstance of loss or damage is excluded, it is automatically insured. Typical exclusions include but are not limited to: wear, tear or gradual deterioration, unexplained disappearance, inventory shortage, or employee dishonesty.

Gold map icon


Just like the universe, Zinc is always expanding! But for now, we cover all states except Alaska, Hawaii, South Dakota, and Wyoming. If you currently don't qualify, send us a note so we can try and help.

Gold checkmark icon


Any artist or craft artist who lives or maintains a working premises (shop or studio) in any of the eligible states may purchase the insurance (see "Qualifying Locations" above). Spouses and resident relatives of the artist or craft artist are covered at no additional charge. Employees, associates, and apprentices are not covered, but may purchase insurance of their own.

Gold calendar icon


This is a master policy that runs annually from October 1st to October 1st, but you may join at any time (premiums are pro-rated starting January 1st). Applications submitted via this application (website) are effective upon confirmation of payment. The policy will expire each year on October 1st regardless of the date you enrolled and therefore requires annual re-enrollment each September. There is no auto-renewal for this policy.

Gold caution icon


Please notify us as soon as possible within 30 days of the date of loss (14 days if you are sued). Be thorough, Include all relevant facts such as where, when, and what happened. Include a list of items stolen, damaged, or destroyed, and a copy of the police or fire report (if applicable). We will then confirm the value of your loss and assist as necessary to assure that your claim settlement is both prompt and fair.



Zinc Insurance has been supporting the arts in Northeast Ohio for many years. So when a well-established program supporting artist insurance needs was looking for a new home, IFA was built, an application all its own, by the craftsmen at Zinc. ​Our IFA Partner, Philadelphia Insurance, offers tailored insurance solutions for artists looking to safeguard their investments and creative endeavors. With comprehensive plans and competitive rates, Westfield Insurance gives artists the peace of mind to confidently pursue their craft.

Philadelphia Insurance logo



  • You have your choice of three limits of liability and six property amounts. You must choose one limit for liability and one for property. You also have the opportunity to increase your transit and exhibition coverage via the optional endorsement. Increasing your coverage limits may be done at any time after enrollment.

  • The Insurance for Artists program runs from October 1 to September 30 annually. Every IFA policy expires on September 30, regardless of when the policy is purchased. First-time customers may purchase a policy at any time, and pro-rated prices are available starting January 1 each year.


    If you are already an IFA customer, you can re-enroll in the program between September 1 and September 30 to ensure you have no gaps in coverage. You must re-enroll on the IFA website - there is no auto-renewal option for your policy.

    Your IFA account is available 24/7/365. Any change to your policy can be done by logging into your account.

  • Your deductible is the amount that you are responsible for paying in the event of a loss before the insurance company pays its portion. Depending on coverage level, deductibles under an IFA policy will range between $500 and $2500.

    For details on specific coverage level options and pricing, use our quote calculator.

  • Each property option has a per-item maximum. This means that for each individual item damaged in your loss, the insurance company will pay a maximum dollar amount. For example: if you purchase option #1 for property ($10,000) and a windstorm causes damage while you are at a show knocking over several of your art pieces, the most the insurance company will pay is $1,000 per piece of artwork and no more than $10,000 for the entire loss.

    For specific per-item limits and pricing, use our quote calculator.

  • Some of the shows and exhibitions, in which you participate may require proof that you carry liability insurance. A Certificate of Insurance summarizes the details of your insurance policy, which you can provide to certain parties that may require it.

  • Once you purchase your policy right here on the site, you'll be able to generate your own certificate for printing or saving on your personal computer.

  • Upon payment of a policy, the premium is 100% earned. This means that unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund for early cancellation.

  • Yes. Each property coverage has a $5,000 transit limit and $10,000 exhibition limit (exhibition includes any off-premises location) with the option to purchase an additional $5,000 in transit and $15,000 at exhibitions.

  • This policy does not cover your building; only your contents inside! It doesn't provide coverage for your business auto, workers compensation, employee dishonesty or loss of business income*.

    * For a complete description of coverage, please refer to the Commercial General Liability Policy and Business Property Policy terms and conditions.

  • In addition to the summarized policy detail on your Certificate of Insurance, some parties may request to be included as an "Additional Insured". That's a pretty standard request. The good news is, for certain parties like event venues, event organizers, landlords, and cities/towns/counties, your policy automatically affords them Additional Insured status.

bottom of page